Hydrographic Survey: The science of measurement and description of features which affect maritime navigation, marine construction, dredging, offshore oil exploration/offshore oil drilling and related activities. Strong emphasis is placed on soundings, shorelines, tides, currents, seabed and submerged obstructions that relate to the previously mentioned activities.
Hydrographic survey covers a broad spectrum of disciplines and only a few are covered here. Be it mapping the seafloor, below the seafloor, what is on the seafloor, or the tides and currents above it, the solutions and interests are numerous. Some equipment that can be considered:
- Side Scan Sonar
- Sub-bottom Profiler
- Combined Sensors
- AUV/ROV Sonar
- USBL Nav., Positioning, MRU
- Split Beam Scientifc Echosounders
- Autonomous Submersible EchoSounders
- Aquatic Habitat Echosounders
Tides and Waves – Pressure based:
- RBRsolo³ compact single channel depth, tide or wave loggers
- RBRvirtuoso³ standard single channel depth, tide and wave loggers
- RBRduet³ & RBRduo³ dual channel options adding T, DO, Tu, PAR, Conductivity, etc.
- RBRconcerto³ & RBRmaestro³ multi channel options (adding up to 9 other channels to the D)
- RBRquartz³ high accuracy / low drift paroscientific sensor options
- Up to 10,000m depth rating
- Acoustic Surface Tracking (AST) using AWAC and Signature profilers
- PUV (Pressure) based using the Vector, the Aquadopp Current Meter, and the Aquadopp Current Profilers.
Tides and Waves – Radar Based:
- WaveGuide Water Level
- WaveGuide Height & Tide
- WaveGuide Direction
- WaveGuide OnBoard
Tides and Waves – Buoy Based:
- TRIAXYS Directional Wave Buoy
- TRIAXYS Directional Current & Wave Buoy
- TRIAXYS Mini Buoy
- WatchKeeper Buoy
- 3m Buoy
- 5m Nomad Buoy
- HydroLevel Buoy
- DTG2 ROV
- DTX2 ROV
- DTPod Drop Cameras
- Pipe / Bottom Crawlers
- Untility Crawlers
Fixing your equipment is important to ensure it is still there when you return. Being able to recover it too is as important and the EdgeTech range of acoustic releases and pop up buoys allow this.
- Acoustic releases
- Combined acoustic release and pop up buoy system
In column ADCP buoys and floats, complimented by the range of bottom frames means that you can get your instrumentation in the exact place that you need it. Combined with inbuilt release systems (such as EdgeTech’s) means that the entire mooring can be recovered, serviced and redeployed.
- Bottom mounting frames
- Trawl resistant bottom frames (TRBM)
- ADCP buoys
- Mooring floats
- Instrument inline frames
Knowing where your assets are when underwater, or at night, requires high intensity and reliable lights such as the Novatech flashers. When the assets are recovered by a 3rd party, be it by a weather event, a trawler or through sabotage, being alerted and being able to track it via satellite gives an increased chance of recovery.
- Iridium Satellite Beacons
- VHF Tracking Beacons
- LED Flasher
Keeping your sensors clean in a marine environment is always the challenge. Zebra-Tech’s range of wipers allows sensors for Tu, PAR, DO, etc. be physically wiped ensuring that the data you collect is as good as possible. A range of wipers for camera systems is also available ensuring your view is not obscurred and service visits by divers can be extended.
- Wipers for various water quality sensors e.g. Tu, PAR, DO, etc.
- Wipers for your existing cameras
RBR compact loggers
BioSonics Self Contained Sounder
DTX2 In Action
TRBM Ready for Deployment
3 legged frame
DTX Habitat Mapping
Radac Wave Radar
Buoys Ready For Deployment
4700 SSS System
Bottom mounts (TRBM)
PORT LF Deployment