Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas: includes the global processes of exploration, extraction, refining, transporting (often by oil tankers and pipelines), and marketing of petroleum products. The largest volume products of the industry are fuel oil and gas.
Instrumentation in the Oil & Gas industry is as varied as the industry itself. From the early stages of planning and exploration (where metocean campaigns and hydrographic surveys take place), to the offshore construction building the infrastructure (where real-time data and monitoring is key), to the ongoing maintenance and inspection, all areas require reliable and accurate instrumentation and measurements.
Environmental Conditions – Currents, Waves and Tides
- RBRsolo³ compact single channel depth, tide or wave loggers
- RBRvirtuoso³ standard single channel depth, tide and wave loggers
- RBRduet³ & RBRduo³ dual channel options adding T, DO, Tu, PAR, Conductivity, etc.
- RBRconcerto³ & RBRmaestro³ multi channel options (adding up to 9 other channels to the D)
- RBRquartz³ high accuracy / low drift paroscientific sensor options
- Up to 10,000m depth rating
- Acoustic Surface Tracking (AST) using AWAC and Signature profilers
- PUV (Pressure) based using the Vector, the Aquadopp Current Meter, and the Aquadopp Current Profilers.
- WaveGuide Water Level
- WaveGuide Height & Tide
- WaveGuide Direction
- WaveGuide OnBoard
- TRIAXYS Directional Wave Buoy
- TRIAXYS Directional Current & Wave Buoy
- TRIAXYS Mini Buoy
- WatchKeeper Buoy
- 3m Buoy
- 5m Nomad Buoy
- HydroLevel Buoy
- DTG2 ROV
- DTX2 ROV
- DTPod Drop Cameras
- Pipe / Bottom Crawlers
- Untility Crawlers
- Side Scan Sonar
- Sub-bottom Profiler
- Combined Sensors
- AUV/ROV Sonar
- USBL Nav., Positioning, MRU
- Split Beam Scientifc Echosounders
- Autonomous Submersible EchoSounders
- Aquatic Habitat Echosounders
Fixing your equipment is important to ensure it is still there when you return. Being able to recover it too is as important and the EdgeTech range of acoustic releases and pop up buoys allow this.
- Acoustic releases
- Combined acoustic release and pop up buoy system
In column ADCP buoys and floats, complimented by the range of bottom frames means that you can get your instrumentation in the exact place that you need it. Combined with inbuilt release systems (such as EdgeTech’s) means that the entire mooring can be recovered, serviced and redeployed.
- Bottom mounting frames
- Trawl resistant bottom frames (TRBM)
- ADCP buoys
- Mooring floats
- Instrument inline frames
Knowing where your assets are when underwater, or at night, requires high intensity and reliable lights such as the Novatech flashers. When the assets are recovered by a 3rd party, be it by a weather event, a trawler or through sabotage, being alerted and being able to track it via satellite gives an increased chance of recovery.
- Iridium Satellite Beacons
- VHF Tracking Beacons
- LED Flasher
Oil Spill Tracking:
- iSPHERE Oil Spill Tracking Buoy
- iSPHERE Refurbishment Plan
Keeping your sensors clean in a marine environment is always the challenge. Zebra-Tech’s range of wipers allows sensors for Tu, PAR, DO, etc. be physically wiped ensuring that the data you collect is as good as possible. A range of wipers for camera systems is also available ensuring your view is not obscurred and service visits by divers can be extended.
- Wipers for various water quality sensors e.g. Tu, PAR, DO, etc.
- Wipers for your existing cameras
Bottom mounts (TRBM)
System Tested Ready For Delivery
4700 SSS System
Wiper protecting Turbidity Sensor
3100 : Portable Sub Bottom Profiler
iSPHERE oil spill tracking buoys
3 legged frame
Offshore oil rig drilling platform in the gulf of Thailand
TRBM Ready for Deployment
TRIAXYS Wave & Current Buoy
UW Inspection by ROV
Wiper in Muddy Conditions
DTX2 In Action
UW Inspection by ROV
DTG2 Inspecting Tanks